December 12, 2009

History of Brownies. Details click here

History of Brownies
The first known recipe for brownies was published in the 1897 Sears, Roebuck Catalog. The origin of the Brownie is thought to be American. It is classified as a bar cookie and is thought to derive its name from the brown color of the cookie. Folklore has its origin coming from a careless cook who forgot to put baking powder in the chocolate cake batter recipe. Since this time there are almost as many brownie recipes as there are cooks.
I have been passionate about brownies ever since I can remember.  I remember cooking them using my Easy Bake oven back in the 1960s, that used a light bulb for the heat source. I wasn't happy with the recipe back then, and started tinkering with it. My biggest source of dissatisfaction was that they were too cake like. Through the years I was always searching for the "perfect brownie". Times have changed and so have cooking methods and equipment. Quality ingredients are much more readily available.  I have always been disappointed with "Commercial Brownies". They almost always had some sort of preservative, or they used less expensive ingredients. I finally became fed up with this, so I decided to do something about it. I spent a great deal of time and money developing this recipe. The recipe uses quality ingredients, and a unique baking method that will put all other brownies to shame. We do not use preservatives, nor do we cut back on the ingredients to increase our profits.
We are always looking to make our brownies even better and continue to develop new recipes that will be unveiled soon. One thing that is certain -- when we do, it will be truly amazing!

1 comment:

Kulsum said...

Wow! So is your recipe ready ?? Do pass it to us if you can !